We are proud of our traditions and long history in the Club.
In order to mark our centenary year, in 1985 the Committee thought it would be a good idea to produce a publication with a short history of the club and member David R McKay who was a school dentist was asked to undertake the task.
The result of a lot of research is the publication of the book “The First Hundred Years” with stories of success and failure and interesting history of the Market Buildings.
This book is freely available at the Club.
In 1826 the Market Buildings were completed except for the spire which followed in 1857.
They were used by a variety of owners for their business purposes but it was not until 1902 that the club began using the north end of the upper floor as its base. Eventually the whole of the upper floor was taken over and the Club’s base was transferred to the south end.
In 1927 the club acquired a snooker table which was installed in the North Room.
This was a well used facility until a few years ago when the popularity of the sport in general waned.
In 2013 the Club took the decision to dispose of the table and use the room for club functions and to allow other local organisations or individuals to rent it for functions.
At the end of 2017 a decision was made to let out the North Room and two office to Stars Park who started operating as The Haven in January 2018. See http://www.stonehavenunionistclub.co.uk/the-haven/
The lounge bar is a comfortable area and as well as enjoying a drink in pleasant surroundings, members can also enjoy entertainment from time to time.